Hark, hear you not? (Oriana's Epitaph) (Thomas Bateson)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-17). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 127 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Files revised 11/03/12, after comparison with the 1840 facsimile edition. Revised files uploaded 29/01/19.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-09). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 75 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 11 pages, 108 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan.
Title: Hark, hear ye not? (Oriana's Epitaph)
Composer: Thomas Bateson
Original text and translations
Hark, hear you not a heav'nly harmony?
Is't Jove, think you, that plays upon the Spheres?
Heav'ns, is not this heav'nly melody?
Where Jove himself a part in music bears.
Now comes in a choir of nightengales.
Mark how the Nymphs and shepherds of the dales,
how all do join together in the praise
of Orianae's life and happy days.
Then sing ye shepherds and Nymphs of Diana,
in heav'n lives Oriana.