Magnificat from the Second Service (Orlando Gibbons)
- (Posted 2014-05-19) CPDL #32046:
- Editor: Phil Cowling (submitted 2014-05-19). Score information: A4, 14 pages, 124 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor third (SAATB); note values halved.
- (Posted 2013-07-14) CPDL #29623:
- Editor: Ross Jallo (submitted 2013-07-14). Score information: Letter, 13 pages, 165 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Original key (SATBarB) and note values. This edition is based largely on Ouseley's work, A Collection of the Sacred Compositions of Orlando Gibbons. Verse and chorus (though not decani and cantoris) sections are indicated.
- (Posted 2013-07-15) CPDL #29629:
- Editor: Ross Jallo (submitted 2013-07-15). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 99 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Accompaniment edition.
Composer: Orlando Gibbons
Description: This Magnificat for five voices (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone, bass) has both verse and chorus sections; for a short section, there is a bass divisi. The organ accompaniment is from Batten's Organ Book.
- 1970 performance of Magnificat and Nunc dimittis on YouTube (Guildford Cathedral Choir) - Barry Rose
- Performance by the Oxford Camerata, dir. Jeremy Summerly, with Laurence Cummings (organ) (transposed, as is customary, up a minor 3rd from the original)
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Magnificat.