Magnificat sexti et primi toni (Nicolas Gombert)
- (Posted 2016-04-05) CPDL #39199: (MIDI) (LilyPond)
- Editor: Charles Young (submitted 2016-04-05). Score information: Letter, 15 pages, 275 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Original pitch, note values have been halved. Mensural barlines, original pitch and clef given in incipits at the start of each section. Editorial accidentals are placed above staff. For convenience of performance, the Liber Usualis chants (for both tone 1 and tone 6) are included between the even verses, their inclusion does not imply any authenticity in connection with the polyphonic magnificats.
- (Posted 2014-03-24) CPDL #31558:
- Editor: Harrison Hackett (submitted 2014-03-24). Score information: A4, 16 pages, 4.94 MB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Up a minor third from the original published key, and suitable for SATBB.
Title: Magnificat Sexti et Primi Toni
Composer: Nicolas Gombert
Description: Can be sung as a sixth tone or first tone setting.
Alternate verses are sung by a cantor and the choir. Suitable intonations for the cantor verses can be found in the Liber Usualis (1961).
External websites: Source : imslp:Magnificat_settings_(Gombert,_Nicolas), Magnificat sexti & primi toni
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Magnificat.