Missa Dominicalis (Rocco Rodio)
- (Posted 2016-12-11) CPDL #42268:
- Editor: William Evans (submitted 2016-12-11). Score information: A4, 37 pages, 2.05 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Performance edition by William Evans, 2016. Transcribed from an 18th century manuscript copy of Missarum Decem, Liber Primus, Rocchi Rodij Civitatis Barensis. Cum quatuor, quinque, et sex vocibus. Impressum Romae, apud Valerium Doricum, 1562.
- My grateful thanks to the staff of the Museo Internazionale e Biblioteca della Musica di Bologna for their kind assistance in accessing their collection.
- Transposed down a tone from original mode of D Dorian. Note values halved; tempo markings, musica ficta above notes and rests at phrase endings are editorial.
First published: 1562 in Missarum Decem, Liber Primus, Rocchi Rodij Civitatis Barensis. Cum quatuor, quinque, et sex vocibus. Impressum Romae, apud Valerium Doricum
Description: Sigismund II Augustus, King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania, (1520-1572), was the son of King Sigismund I The Old and Queen Bona Sforza, Duchessa di Bari. The royal couple had invited Italian artists to Kraków during their reign to promote the development of Renaissance ideas and culture in Poland. Bona Sforza returned to Bari in 1556 after the accession of her son to the throne and it is through these connections of patronage that these masses are dedicated to him.
Original text and translations
For information, refer to the Mass page. For texts and translations, see the individual pages: