Of flattering speech (William Byrd)
- (Posted 2017-02-21) CPDL #43241:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-02-21). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 45 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14878.
- (Posted 2007-09-09) CPDL #14878:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-09). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 24 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2003-08-11) CPDL #05419: (Sibelius 4)
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2003-08-11). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 84 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Revised Oct 08.
Original text and translations
Of flattring speach with sugred words beware:
Suspect the heart, whose face doth fawne and smile,
With trusting these the world is clogde with care,
And few there be can scape these Vipers vile,
With pleasing speach they promise and protest,
When hatefull hearts lye hid within their brest.