Oh! Sweetest of thy lovely race (Samuel Webbe)
- (Posted 2014-06-04) CPDL #32174:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2014-06-04). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 58 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2011-01-03) CPDL #22944:
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2011-01-03). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 76 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download.
First published: 1800
Description: "A collection of new glees composed by John Sale, etc." London, c.1800. The text is taken from no. 23 of Handel's oratorio Susanna, with some alteration. The original is shown in .
Original text and translations
Oh! Sweetest of thy lovely race,
Unveil thy matchless charms,
Let me adore that angel's face
And fold thee in my arms.
Thy bosom let my tortures move
To grant the just returns of love.