Preces and Responses (Thomas Tallis)
|It has been suggested that this page be split into 2 or more pages.|
- (Posted 2016-06-12) CPDL #39983:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2016-06-12). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 56 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This is the version found in Cathedral Music, Volume 1 (William Boyce). Clefs modernised and original note values retained.
- (Posted 2010-12-16) CPDL #22869:
- Editor: Adrian Wall (submitted 2010-12-16). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 264 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: An amalgam of a number of existing editions. In G.
Title: Preces and Responses
Composer: Thomas Tallis
First published: 1661
2nd published: 1760 in Cathedral Music, Volume 1, p. 1
Description: Several versions of Tallis's responses have been made (see link below). Leonard Ellinwood's edition in EECM volume 13 has a "first" and a "second" set of Preces and Responses; however, essentially, they are variants of the same music.
- Chapter on this work in Thomas Tallis and his music in Victorian England by Suzanne Cole, available on Google Books
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Preces and Responses.