Salve Regina (Robert Lucas Pearsall)
- Editor: Douglas Walczak (submitted 2023-08-29). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 121 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2021-05-04). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 262 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download. In the same spirit as Pearsall's pastiche, this edition represents an "updated" version of an antique item, by halving the note values.
- Editor: Aristotle Aure Esguerra (submitted 2018-07-17). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 220 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transcription of scanned print on IMSLP; clefs modernized; range indicators added; note values halved.
- Editor: Ian Haslam (submitted 2011-12-14). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 41 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The original edition used an alto and tenor clef. These have been changed for modern notation. Sibelius First does not allow the use of breves hence the need for lots of semi-breves.
Title: Salve Regina
Composer: Robert Lucas Pearsall
First published: 1856 Gmünd: Schmid (Leipzig: Haessel), n.d. Plate 7
Description: Pearsall's setting of a Marian text: one of his forays into mock Gothick. Part of his pastiche was the visual conceit of publishing the piece in long note values.
- Setting by Robert Lucas Pearsall at IMSLP
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Salve Regina.