Shir hammaalot a 5 (Salamone Rossi)
- Editor: Sabine Cassola (submitted 2022-11-27). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 180 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Allen Garvin (submitted 2015-01-14). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 85 kB Copyright: CC BY NC
- Edition notes: The music was set exclusively from the original facsimile, but for syllable division and some text placement I the John Hetland edition below. Individual parts available at http://dfwviols.com/old/2013-07-07-01
- Editor: John Hetland (submitted 2010-08-21). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 329 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Source: Hashirim Asher LiSh'lomo (The Songs of Solomon) by Rossi, printed in 1623, as transcribed and edited by Cantors Assembly of America, published by The Jewish Theological Seminary of America, 1967. The present edition is by John Hetland and the Renaissance Street Singers. The translation here has been adapted from the The Holy Scriptures According to the Masoretic Text, Jewish Publication Society of America, 1955; and the Bible, Revised Standard Version. The original part names are Canto, Alto, Quinto, Tenore, Basso; we have made Tenore the first tenor and Quinto the second tenor.
Title: Shir hammaalot 'ashrei kol yere 'adonai
Composer: Salamone Rossi
Number of voices: 5vv Voicing: SATTB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1622 or 1623 Hashirim asher leSholomo, no. 12
Description: Psalm 128.
Original text and translations
A Song of Ascents.