Verbum caro (John Sheppard)
- Editor: Simon Biazeck (submitted 2020-10-21). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 242 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Cue-sized and cautionary accidentals are editorial. Chant sections are editorial and restore the Ponnius (liquescent torculus) at the end of each chant section for verbum and Sancto. The missing Tenor part has been reconstructed from the chant source. Voice-part nomenclature is editorial and uses the Latin forms of English names familiar to Tudor musicians.
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2016-11-25). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 325 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Edited from the Baldwin Partbooks and the 1519 Sarum Antiphonal. Note values halved. A critical commentary is included.
- Editor: Adrian Wall (submitted 2011-03-21). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 417 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Based on #11792. In original key, for SATTBB.
- Editor: Diana Thompson (submitted 2006-05-31). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 131 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor third for TrMAATB
Title: Verbum caro factum est
Composer: John Sheppard
Number of voices: 6vv Voicing: SATTBB
Genre: Sacred, Responsory for Matins of Christmas Day
Instruments: A cappella
Manuscript ca. 1575 in The Baldwin Partbooks, no. 144
|This work is incomplete, either because the composer did not finish composing the work, or because some of the music has subsequently become lost.|
This does not necessarily refer to the CPDL edition(s), which may have been completed editorially.
Description: Original clefs: G2, C2, C3, C3, [Missing], F3. The missing tenor is replaced with an editorial reconstruction.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Verbum caro factum est.