What is the cause that thou, O Lord (George Kirbye)
- Editor: André Vierendeels (submitted 2016-09-24). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 56 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-11-14). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 63 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition. One small edit, otherwise as written n 1592. All eighteen stanzas included.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-11-14). Score information: Unknown, 1 page, 60 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). All eighteen stanzas included.
First published: 1592 in The Whole Booke of Psalmes (Thomas Este), no. 23
Description: Tune first published in Scottish psalter, 1564. Words by Thomas Sternhold, Old Version, 1549, paraphrase of Psalm 10, in eighteen stanzas.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 10.