Ave Maria a 8 (Francisco Guerrero)
- Editor: John Hetland (submitted 2017-03-11). Score information: Letter, 8 pages, 928 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: From Motteta Francisci Guerreri… Venice, 1570. Our source: Mapa Mundi. Notation here is a tone higher than the original with time values halved. Translation, text underlay and musica ficta by John Hetland and the Renaissance Street Singers. This edition preserves the double-choir format. 23 Feb 2017
- Editor: Mick Swithinbank (submitted 2007-01-31). Score information: A4, 1 page, 14 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A reduction for 4 voices, based on the idea that this work can be seen as a duet with accompaniment. This is my arrangement. Its disadvantages include the fact that the two lower voices have a few awkward jumps and virtually no chance to breathe. So if you have the full 8 voices available, this version will certainly be of no interest to you.
- Editor: Nancho Alvarez (submitted 2004-11-30). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 80 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: individual parts available as midi files. also available as Postscript file.
- Editor: Vladimir Silva (submitted 2002-03-15). Score information: Letter, 23 pages, 260 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: Ave Maria
Composer: Francisco Guerrero
First published: 1570
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Ave Maria.