Calicem salutaris accipiam, SWV 60 (Heinrich Schütz)
- (Posted 2021-07-04) CPDL #64944:
- Editor: Gerd Eichler (submitted 2021-07-04). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 161 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from original print, Mensurstrich layout, original key signature and note values, clefs modernized, musica ficta clearly marked..
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2015-04-23). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 107 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Clefs modernised. Source may be found at IMSLP. Revised files uploaded 4/7/21.
First published: 1625 in Cantiones sacrae, Op. 4, no. 8
2nd published: 1887 in Heinrich Schütz: Sämtliche Werke, Volume 4, no. 8
3rd published: 2004 in Neue Schütz-Ausgabe, Volume 8, no. 8
Description: This is the fifth part of Schütz's 5-part set of Passion motets (SWV 56-60). First part is Quid commisisti, O dulcissime puer; second part is Ego sum tui plaga doloris; third part is Ego enim inique egi; fourth part is Quo, nate Dei.
Original text and translations
Calicem salutaris accipiam,
De kelk van het heil zal ik aanvaarden
I will accept the chalice of salvation,