Domine ne in furore tuo … quoniam (Orlando di Lasso)
- (Posted 2013-09-29) CPDL #30209:
- • Original key (alto in violin clef): (MIDI) (LilyPond)
- • Original key (alto in transposed violin clef): (LilyPond)
- • Transposed up a tone: (MIDI) (LilyPond)
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2013-09-29). Score information: A4, 27 pages, 369 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Source: Psalmi Davidis Poenitentiales, 1584, Munich. Original note-values. Midi files and LilyPond source zipped.
Title: Domine ne in furore tuo … quoniam
Composer: Orlando di Lasso
First published: 1584 in Psalmi Davidis poenitentiales, no. 3
2nd published: 1591 in Compendium musicae (ed. Adam Gumpelzhaimer) – 'Putruerunt et corruptae' only, Edition 1, no. 123
3rd published: 1591 in Bicinia sacra (ed. Friedrich Lindner) – 'Putruerunt et corruptae' only, no. 13
4th published: 1597 in Cinquante pseaumes de David (ed. Simon Goulart) – psalm contrafact, 'Domine ne in furore' only, no. 35
5th published: 1610 in Bicinia Orlandi (ed. Maternum Beringer) – 'Putruerunt et corruptae' only, no. 1
6th published: 1612 in Biciniorum Libri duo – 'Putruerunt et corruptae' only, Liber 2, no. 37
Description: The third of the seven Penitential Psalms. Closing Sicut erat is for 6 voices (SSATTB).
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 38.