Farewell disdainful (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-04-09). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 49 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14948, with minor corrections to underlay. Revised files uploaded 04/02/17.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 31 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 2000-03-14). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 62 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: in partbook format.
Title: Farewell disdainful
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Farewell disdainful, since no love avails me,
O sharp and bitter anguish,
What discord grief assails me?
Needs I must part, alas, yet parting makes me languish.
But yet it pleaseth thee.
Therefore unkind, now adieu, there is no remedy.
O come again, O come again return thee:
No, false Love, thy flames no more shall burn me.
No, be still content thee:
when I am gone, perhaps, then wilt thou repent thee.