La nuict froide et sombre (Orlando di Lasso)
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2020-11-15). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 234 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download. Original pitch for ATTB
- Editor: Robert Urmann (submitted 2015-05-02). Score information: Executive, 2 pages, 170 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: newly transcribed from 1576 partbooks.
- Editor: Robert van der Peijl (submitted 2010-01-29). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 95 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: In D dorian (no key signature).
- Editor: Mark Wenzel (submitted 2006-08-06). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 30 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: In D dorian '. Based on CPDL #1903. Note values halved.
- Editor: Vincent Carpentier (submitted 2017-05-29). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 40 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: D dorian '. Based on CPDL #1903 and checked with the 1576 part books. Also available on IMSLP.
- Editor: Vincent Carpentier (submitted 2000-12-13). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 40 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a tone to E dorian (2 sharps). '. Written with Music Publisher (MUP). MUP file is zipped.
First published: 1576 in Les meslanges, tant en vers latins qu’en ryme francoyse, no.
2nd published: 1931 in Das Chorwerk, no. 13.4
Description: The text is an ode by Joachim du Bellay (1522-1560), first published in 1549. Lassus has written very expressive music, following closely the meaning of the words.
- Free choir training aids for this work are available at Choralia.
- Analysis with MP3-fragments at the website of the Academy of Dijon only in French
Original text and translations
| French text
La nuict froide et sombre,
The night, cold and dark,
Translation by Dick Wursten (2005)- letterlijke vertaling
Die Nacht, kalt und dunkel,
천지를 컴컴한 음영으로 뒤덮는