Laudate pueri Dominum in D (George Frideric Handel)
- Editor: Philip Legge (submitted 2000-09-22). Score information: A4, 63 pages, 936 kB Copyright: 2000, 2004 Philip Legge
- Editor: Denis Mason (submitted 2001-02-05). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 145 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: trancated arrangement, in A4 format, Sibelius file unzipped
- Editor: Philip Legge (submitted 2004-11-09). Score information: A4, 54 pages, 708 kB Copyright: 2004 Philip Legge
- Edition notes: Full score and parts are very large files (0.9 and 0.7 megabytes). MIDI files are hosted by Classical Music Archives site. Practice score available in Scorch format, in addition to Sibelius source files. Full score revised on 9 November 2004 to coincide with issuing of instrumental parts. Errata: Full score, page 63, bar 129, choral bass and continuo: 1st note is d, not B (a minor third low). The same error is also found in the separate continuo part. ::Figured bass notation in Sibelius 3 format score may not display correctly. The PDF full score is authoratative.
Title: Laudate pueri Dominum in D
Catalogue Number: HWV 237
Composer: George Frideric Handel
Description: Latin psalm setting for choir and soloists, composed in Rome, July 1707. Source: Handel Complete Works, Volume 38, published 1872, edited by Friedrich Chrysander.
- An adaptation of this work for SATB choir
Movements in this work
- 1. Laudate pueri Dominum – SSAT solos and chorus
- 2. Sit nomen Domini – S solo
- 3. A solis ortu usque ad occasum – S solo and chorus
- 4. Excelsus super omnes – S solo
- 5. Quis sicut Dominus? – chorus
- 6. Suscitans a terra – S solo
- 7. Qui habitare facit – S solo
- 8. Gloria Patri – S solo and chorus
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 113.