Omnes gentes, plaudite manibus à 16 voci (Giovanni Gabrieli)
- Editor: Lewis Jones (submitted 2015-09-23). Score information: A4, 19 pages, 183 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Edited from facsimile of original print.
- Editor: Jean Smolders (submitted 2014-10-30). Score information: A4, 17 pages Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Steven Langley Guy (submitted 2002-02-05). Score information: A4, 17 pages, 193 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: written in original C clefs, also available at Sibeliusmusic.com. revised files added 10/24/03.
First published: 1597 in Symphoniae sacrae I, no. 61
Description: One of the first extant pieces for 16 voices in four choirs. It is probable that only 7 of the parts were meant to be sung: these would be the bottom voice of choir I, the top voice of choir II, all the voices of choir III (the capella) and the top voice of choir IV. The other parts would be taken by instruments.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 47.