Transeunte Domino (Giaches de Wert)
- (Posted 2017-03-25) CPDL #43752:
- Original key (high chiavette): (MIDI)
- Transposed down a fourth: (MIDI) - Alto in octave transposed violin clef.
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2017-03-25). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 150 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from Modulationum sacrarum quinque et sex vocum libri tres, Nuremberg, 1583. Original note-values.
Title: Transeunte Domino (2nda pars Et ait illi Jesus)
Composer: Giaches de Wert
Lyricist: Luke 18;37-43create page
Number of voices: 5vv Voicing: SATTB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1566 in Motectorum quinque vocum liber primus, no. 8
Manuscript 1566 in Cantiones sex et quinque vocum (manuscript), no. 16
2nd published: 1568 in Novi thesauri musici (Pietro Giovannelli), Liber 2, no. 20
3rd published: 1580 in Theatrum musicum, Liber 1, no. 13
4th published: 1583 in Tabulaturbuch (Ed. Johannes Rühling) (Beyer, Leipzig), no. 25
5th published: 1583 in Modulationum sacrarum quinque et sex vocum libri tres in unum volumen redacti, no. 1
Description: The current Catholic lectionary assigns Luke's account to Monday of the 33 week of Ordinary Time; Mark's report of the healing of Bartimaeus is assigned to OT 30B; and Matthew 20:29-34 (Tuesday of Advent 3) describes a double healing near Jerico.
Original text and translations
Transeunte Domino clamabat coecus ad eum,
As the Lord was passing, a blind man called out to him;