Magnificat tertii et octavi toni (Nicolas Gombert)
- (Posted 2016-04-05) CPDL #39194: (MIDI) (LilyPond)
- Editor: Charles Young (submitted 2016-04-05). Score information: Letter, 16 pages, 316 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Original pitch, note values have been halved. Mensural barlines, original pitch and clef given in incipits at the start of each section. Editorial accidentals are placed above staff. For convenience of performance, the Liber Usualis chants (both 3rd and 8th tones) are included between the even verses, their inclusion does not imply any authenticity in connection with the polyphonic magnificats.
- (Posted 2016-01-10) CPDL #38128:
- Editor: Adrian Wall (submitted 2016-01-10). Score information: A4, 18 pages, 1.8 MB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor 3rd. Note vales halved. Text underlay and ficta editorial.
Title: Magnificat tertii et octavi toni
Composer: Nicolas Gombert
First published: 1552
Description: In this, the third of his cycle of eight Magnificat settings, Gombert provides the option to alternate the polyphony with the plainchant either of the third or the eighth tone. The setting begins in three voices and a voice is added in each polyphonic verse until there are eight voices.
External websites: imslp:Magnificat_settings_(Gombert,_Nicolas)
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Magnificat.