Aliases: Regnard; Regnardo
Died: 16 October 1599
Biography Regnart's birthdate can be guessed from his statement that he served the Habsburgs from 1557, presumably at the Prague court cappella directed by Jacobus Vaet. 1568-1570 were spent studying in Italy, after which he returned to Vienna. On the death of Maximilian in 1576 he joined the court of Emperor Rudolf II at Prague, and in 1582 he moved to Innsbruck to succeed Alexander Utendal as vice-cappelmeister at Archduke Ferdinand's court. A year after the latter's death in 1595 he returned to Prague as vice-kapellmeister under Philippe de Monte.
View the Wikipedia article on Jacob Regnart.
List of choral works
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- Sacrae aliquot cantiones 5-6 vv (1575)
- Aliquot cantiones ex veteri atque novo testamento, 4 vv (1577)
- Teutsche Lieder mit 3 Stimmen (1574, 1577, 1579, 1583)
- This was reprinted in Publikation älterer praktischer und theoretischer Musik-Werke (n° 19) in 1895 by Robert Eitner, who notices several different cases of Quintenfortschreitungen (parallel fifths).
- Kurtzweilige teutsche Lieder (1580, 1591) (collective page for 2 songbooks)